Low-cost spay/neuter surgeries—and much more
High-Quality, High-Volume, Low-Cost Spay/Neuter
Spay/neuter is one of the easiest ways to ensure your pet has a healthy, happy life. With so many homeless pets killed in Chicago each year, spay/neuter also prevents unwanted pets from being born.
We opened the Lurie Clinic in 2000 to provide spay/neuter for free and at a reduced cost to make sure it is accessible for all pets. We tier our pricing so everyone can afford it. By specializing in spay/neuter, we’re able to help thousands of animals while providing high-quality surgical expertise and personalized attention for each pet.
A convenient, accessible location is just as important as affordability when it comes to encouraging spay/neuter. The Lurie Clinic is in the charming and bustling Little Village neighborhood. It is the only spay/neuter clinic of its kind located in and serving Chicago’s underserved communities.
To be cleared for surgery, pets must:
- Weigh at least two pounds
- Be at least eight weeks old
- Pass a checkup with one of our veterinarians
- Have a presurgical blood panel done if over six years of age to ensure there are no health issues and the pet is safe to go under anesthesia
We tier our pricing based on need. See our Lurie Clinic Pricing to learn more and to see if you qualify for free spay/neuter.
Vaccine Clinic and Other Services
In addition to spay/neuter surgeries, the Lurie Clinic offers optional low-cost annual preventive services during Vaccine Clinic hours, including:
- Vaccinations for Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, and Canine Influenza
- Canine heartworm testing
- Feline FeLV/FIV combo testing
- Frontline Gold for flea and tick prevention (cat and dog formulas available)
- Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention
- Nexgard chewable for flea and tick prevention for dogs
- Revolution for prevention of heartworm, fleas, ear mites and other parasites (cat and dog formulas available). Negative heartworm test required for dogs.
- Nail trims and ear cleaning
See Lurie Clinic Pricing for more information.
Vaccine Clinic Hours
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.Appointments are not required. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*PAWS Chicago reserves the right to end daily check-ins before 3:00 p.m. if the clinic reaches its daily capacity.