Low-cost spay/neuter surgeries—and much more
High-Quality, High-Volume, Low-Cost Spay/Neuter
Spay/neuter is one of the easiest ways to ensure your pet has a healthy, happy life. With so many homeless pets killed in Chicago each year, spay/neuter also prevents unwanted pets from being born.
We opened the Lurie Clinic in 2000 to provide spay/neuter for free and at a reduced cost to make sure it is accessible for all pets. We tier our pricing so everyone can afford it. By specializing in spay/neuter, we’re able to help thousands of animals while providing high-quality surgical expertise and personalized attention for each pet.
A convenient, accessible location is just as important as affordability when it comes to encouraging spay/neuter. The Lurie Clinic is in the charming and bustling Little Village neighborhood. It is the only spay/neuter clinic of its kind located in and serving Chicago’s underserved communities.
To be cleared for surgery, pets must:
- Weigh at least two pounds
- Be at least eight weeks old
- Pass a checkup with one of our veterinarians
- Have a presurgical blood panel done if over six years of age to ensure there are no health issues and the pet is safe to go under anesthesia
We tier our pricing based on need. See our Lurie Clinic Pricing to learn more and to see if you qualify for free spay/neuter.
Feral/Community Cat Trappers
In addition to individuals, the Lurie Clinic serves rescue groups and feral/community cat trappers. Learn more about services and pricing.
Vaccine Clinic and Other Services
In addition to spay/neuter surgeries, the Lurie Clinic offers optional low-cost annual preventive services during Vaccine Clinic hours, including:
- Vaccinations for Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, and Canine Influenza
- Canine heartworm testing
- Feline FeLV/FIV combo testing
- Bravecto for flea and tick prevention (cat and dog formulas available)
- Tri-Heart for heartworm prevention
See Lurie Clinic Pricing for more information. Appointments are required for each pet.