Protect Your Pet from Unhealthy Air Quality
Jun 28, 2023
The unhealthy air quality in Chicago right now can impact your pet’s health, especially for our tinier canine and feline friends.
Here are some signs to watch for to make sure your pet isn’t affected by the hazy conditions in Chicago! If your pets are experiencing any of the below symptoms, contact your veterinarian.
- Lethargy or lack of energy
- Greatly reduced appetite
- Coughing or wheezing
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Increased panting or inability to stop panting after regular activity
To help protect your pet while air quality warnings are in effect:
- Keep pets indoors as much as possible
- Avoid exertion outside such as running or fetch, moving activities as appropriate indoors
- Keep windows shut and fans on to circulate air
- Only let your dogs outside for brief bathroom breaks
- Make sure pets have adequate water supply
- Check your pet’s activity levels throughout the day and note any changes