Once your pup has mastered cues like sit, stay and come, our Teen Manners Class may still be needed to get your adolescent dog through the “teen time.” Even with basic training, young dogs have trouble with focus and impulse control during distracting situations.
This is a 4- week course intended to support teen manner training by focusing on polite greeting of other dogs, polite greeting of people, how to teach fetch, a strong recall and continued socialization of your growing pup.
- Number of Classes: 4 weekly classes (Class will meet on the same day/time each week)
- Length of Class: 40 minutes
- Age: 9 months to 36 months
- Pre-Requisites: Completion of a Basic Obedience Class or permission from instructor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Price: $125
The following are required for participation
- Leash: A five- or six-foot leash (no retractable or chain leashes).
- Collar/Harness: Martingale collar, buckle collar or training harness.
- Clicker: This small, box-style event marker can be purchased online or at any pet supply store.
- Treat carrier: A bag, pouch, fanny pack, apron with pocket or deep pocket that provides easy access to treats.
- Treats: Lots of small, easy-to-chew, high-value treats. Cut up pieces of cheese or hot dogs are good choices, as are soft treats made specifically for training. (Experiment in advance to discover what your puppy really loves.)
- Bed, mat or rug: Soft surface your puppy can learn to lie down on.
- Chew toy or stuffed Kong (optional): May be helpful to keep your puppy entertained during downtime.
- Please be on time.
- Wear comfortable clothing and nonskid shoes. Flip flops, sandals and heels are not recommended.
- The use of cell phones is not permitted during class.
- Do not feed your puppy before class. A hungry puppy is more motivated to learn.
- Give your puppy time to relieve himself before class.