This is a great class for dogs who love to explore the world through their nose.
Does your pup love to smell everything as they explore the world? Nose work is a fun activity which teaches your pup to look for certain scents in different places. This class is a great extracurricular to help focus high energy pups, give nervous pups confidence and for training teams to bond learning together.
This class is a 4-week course intended to learn the foundations of nose work training and to provide a fun activity for you and your pup like solving puzzles together.
If you are new to nose work, you will learn the basics with Level 1 but if you have nose work experience, you will progress to using scent kits as part of Level 2.
- Number of Classes: 4 weekly classes (Class will meet on the same day/time each week)
- Length of Class: 40 minutes
- Pre-Requisites: None
- Age: All ages are welcome
- Price: $125
The following are required for participation
- Standard Leash: A five- or six-foot leash (no retractable or chain leashes).
- Boxes: 3-7 empty cardboard boxes.
- Collar/Harness: Martingale collar, buckle collar or training harness.
- Treat Carrier: A bag, pouch, fanny pack, apron with pocket or deep pocket that provides easy access to treats.
- Treats: Lots of small, easy-to-chew, high-value treats. Cut up pieces of cheese or hot dogs are good choices, as are soft treats made specifically for training.
- Introductory Scent Kit: If you are taking level 2 of this course, please purchase a standard birch scent canister. Please email the instructor for recommendations.
- Please be on time.
- Wear comfortable clothing and nonskid shoes. Flip flops, sandals and heels are not recommended.
- Do not feed your puppy before class. A hungry puppy is more motivated to learn.
- Give your dog time to relieve himself before class.