Yoruba is a sweet, sensitive soul who was adopted from PAWS a few years ago and brought back after his owner could no longer care for him. Adjusting to shelter life has been difficult for him which brought out his fearful and shy side, but we have found that he seeks comfort in other dogs! Yoruba adores being in the company of other dogs and they help to bring him out of his shell. He would love to go to a home with another confident dog who can help him gain confidence.
Yoruba is an independent, sweet tempered guy who is great in a home. House trained and crate trained, he has wonderful manners and is very calm. Once he settles in, Yoruba enjoys playing fetch and riding in the car. He loves squeaky toys and even enjoys playing in the snow (perfect for Chicago living!). If you have a quiet home with experienced adults only, Yoruba might be your perfect match!
- Going for a car ride? Take me along!
- I love squeaky toys!
- I get along very well with other dogs
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- You + a tennis ball = my perfect day
- I love to play and wrestle with other doggie friends
- Loud noises frighten me so I prefer a quiet home
- I need a little extra time to warm up to people I don’t know
- I prefer quiet environments that aren’t crowded
- I’d love to find an adults-only home
Adoption is one of the best ways to save a life. Only a few thousand more adoptions each year in Chicago, a city of millions of people, and we will be a No Kill community! You can make a real difference.
At PAWS Chicago, we keep working to grow our operations to save more homeless pets. It's how we've gone from saving a few dozen to 6,000 pets a year. But it is our adopters who make the real magic happen by bringing these loving pets home. Adopt a pet and spread the word!