When you adopt a cat or dog who is a part of PAWS Chicago's Featured 5 program, you will receive:
- FREE Merrick Pet Care or PAWS prescribed cat or dog food for one year
- FREE 30-day supply of existing medications
- FREE training consultation with a PAWS Chicago trainer or recommended behaviorist (for dog adoptions only)
Persimmon is currently enjoying time in a foster home so please email to set up a meeting or learn more.
Meet Persimmon! This adorable young FIV+ guy recently returned to PAWS after 6 weeks in a foster home where he stole the hearts of everyone he met. Smart, playful, stubborn, and affectionate, this former stray was described by his foster mom as being “a charming blend of house cat and street cat” and “one of the best of many cats we have owned or fostered.” While a bit standoffish when he first arrived, Persimmon soon became his foster parents’ constant companion- sleeping in bed with them, providing supervision while they worked from home, and watching TV with them in the evening.
Since he is FIV+, Persimmon will need to be in a home without other cats or with those who are also FIV+. He can play a bit rough at times and is best suited for an adults only household with experienced cat owners. Since he is still quite young, Persimmon is full of energy and his future adopters will need to be committed to engaging him in structured play several times a day in order to help keep him on his best behavior. With a little patience and a lot of love, Persimmon is sure to make a wonderful addition to his future forever home and provide a lucky adopter with many years of companionship and laughter.
- Cuddles! I love a good lap to curl up on.
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all!
- I’m a people person!
- I love chasing toy mice and feather toys
- I need an experienced adopter.
- I need a little extra time to warm up to people I don’t know
- I’d love to find an adults-only home