As a benefit of her adoption, adopters will receive a year of free Merrick Pet Care dog food, free wellness care at PAWS Chicago Medical Center and a free
Meet Schatzi! This beautiful and energetic 2 ½ year-old Boxer mix looking for an active adopter to make her part of their family! Schatzi is about as friendly as they come and absolutely adores any adults who have the good fortune of being introduced to her. She has always been very fearful of children and unfortunately this sweet girl was returned to PAWS after 3 years in a home when her owners found out they were expecting a baby. While losing her previous family was very hard on Schatzi, PAWS is committed and determined to finding her the perfect new home.
Schatzi love walks and pretty much any other sort of physical activity! She is very treat motivated and greatly enjoys practicing her obedience training. Although she is social with other dogs, Schatzi tends to guard her food and toys closely and will need to be the only pet in the home. She also becomes very agitated when left alone and will need an adopter who is not gone for long periods of time. Give Schazti a quiet, adults-only household and an adopter who is committed to continuing her training and this outgoing gal will return the favor with lots of love, playtime and cuddles! Won’t you give Schatzi a chance?
- I love playing with Kong toys
- I’m a great walking partner and can go for miles
- I’ll take as much exercise as I can get!
- I’d love to be your running buddy
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- I’m a people person!
- Keep me company! I prefer homebodies who are often at home
- I prefer to be the only pet in the home
- I prefer quiet environments that aren’t crowded
- I’d love to find an adults-only home
- I’d prefer a home where I don’t have to share my food or toys
All PAWS Chicago dogs and cats are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and have up-to-date on shots based on age and arrival date.