Pecos arrived at PAWS Chicago from Chicago Animal Care and Control and it was clear that this poor pup has been through a lot in his life. He had been turned in as a stray, so unfortunately we do not know too much about his past. Pecos is very shy and takes time to warm up in new environments and with new people. We were able to place him in a wonderful foster home and got to know this handsome guy a bit better.
Pecos is like a completely different dog in his own environment. He transforms into an obedient, gentle, affectionate dog with the people he knows. Fetch, tug of war, riding in the car, and playing with toys of all kinds are some of his favorite past times. Intelligent and wanting to please, Pecos knows a variety of commands and is well trained in the home.
Something Pecos is not a huge fan of is strangers coming into the home. He becomes very scared and would like a home where there are not a lot of new people coming and going. This sweet boy would be so successful in a home with an experienced adopter, no children, and a quiet home. Can you give Pecos a chance?
- Going for a car ride? Take me along!
- I love playing with toys
- I’m a great walking partner and can go for miles
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- I’m a star pupil at obedience training
- You + a tennis ball = my perfect day
- I need a little extra time to warm up to people I don’t know
- I prefer quiet environments that aren’t crowded
- I’d love to find an adults-only home
- Fast movements can frighten me so I prefer a slow-paced home environment