Meet Marcus! This handsome boy weighs 28 pounds and came to PAWS under very sad circumstances. Confiscated by Animal Control from his previous home due to neglect, Marcus arrived with an injured tail, an ear infection, and callouses on his elbows from lying on the ground without any bedding. PAWS provided medical care right away and Marcus was placed into a foster home for some much needed TLC.
Marcus' foster family reported that he has a sweet, easy-going personality and walks well on leash. He would make a good city dog because he has very little reaction to passersby and other dogs. He is very trusting of people and considers every stranger he meets a new friend! Marcus can be selective with his canine peers but has done well with a few roommates at the Adoption Center. He does like to chase cats though!
Marcus knows "sit" and "lay down", and loves participating in clicker-training sessions! He is also crate-trained and mostly house-trained. His favorite activities are walking, being petted, and chewing on a bully stick or Kong toy. Because he doesn't always like to share, adopters 15+ are recommended.
Marcus would be a great dog for someone without a ton of dog experience who is looking for an easy-going companion. After so much hardship, this adorable boy truly deserves a loving family. Will you give him a place to call home?
- Going for a car ride? Take me along!
- I love playing with Kong toys
- Squeak! Squeak! I love Squeaky chew toys!
- I’m a great walking partner and can go for miles
- Cuddles! I love a good lap to curl up on
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- I’m a people person!
- I’m a star pupil at obedience training
- I’d love to find a home with children 15 and older
- I’d prefer a home where I don’t have to share my food or toys