Leela came to us from another shelter along with her puppy. Her puppy has already been adopted, and now it's her turn for a loving home! We were able to place Leela in a wonderful foster home and got to know this beautiful girl a bit better.
Leela is shy and takes time to warm up in new environments and with new people. Something Leela is not a huge fan of is strangers coming into the home. However, she will warm up to guests in a few minutes assuming that the guest is patient with her and doesn't try to invade her personal space. According to her foster mom, although Leela is shy at first, she said Leela is capable of bonding with someone in a few days and will open up to reveal her playful sweet side. Once she bonds with you, she loves attention and loves being pet. Her foster mom also said she is very comfortable spending time in her crate and seems to have mastered both crate training and house training. Leela can be very playful and enjoys chasing balls, chewing on bully sticks, and playing with Kongs and stuffed animal toys. Leela also loves treats and will lick your hand after you give her one.
This sweet girl would be successful in a quiet home with children 15 and older. Can you give Leela a chance?
- I'd love to be in a quiet home
- You + a tennis ball = my perfect day
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- I love playing with Kong toys
- I'd love to find a home with children 15 or older
- I need a little extra time to warm up to people I don’t know
- Fast movements can frighten me so I prefer a slow-paced home environment