Meet Lady! This sweet Doberman Pinscher mix has the most gorgeous brindle coat and dazzling eyes that will melt your heart. Unfortunately, Lady was returned to PAWS after being in a home for 5 years when her owners became unable to care for her. They described her as "the best cuddler"; and said she is "extremely loving, smart, and high energy and playful". Since being back at PAWS, Lady has found adapting to shelter life to be quite challenging. Although being at the Adoption Center has proved to be stressful for Lady, her personality really comes alive when she is out on our rooftop deck! She loves running back and forth from one end to the other and basking in the sun just soaking up the UV rays!
Lady is rather timid around new people and in new environments and will need a patient adopter who can slowly help her build up her confidence and adjust to her new environment. Since she becomes very anxious when left alone for long periods of time, Lady will need an adopter who is home with her more often than not. Lady would love to find an experienced owner and a family without young children or cats. A backyard where she can run and play to her heart’s content would be an added bonus as well! All in all, this delightful girl just needs someone to give her a chance to become the dog she was always been meant to be.
While Lady is waiting to be adopted, she would LOVE to spend time in a foster home, preferably with someone who is home a lot as she does not like to be left alone for long periods of time . She is looking for an experienced owner with children 15+. Stop by our Pippen Fasseas Adoption Center at 1997 N. Clybourn Ave., in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood, today.
- I love playing with Kong toys
- Squeak! Squeak! I love Squeaky chew toys!
- I’m a great walking partner and can go for miles
- I’d love to be your running buddy
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- Keep me company! I prefer homebodies who are often at home
- I need a little extra time to warm up to people I don’t know
- I prefer quiet environments that aren’t crowded
- I’d love to find a home without children under 15 year old