HMeet Kiwi! After coming to PAWS from a shelter in rural Oklahoma, it was discovered that Kiwi had Heartworm and was extremely under-socialized. While undergoing treatment for the Heartworm Kiwi spent some time in a foster home where after a couple of weeks his personality slowly started to come out and he began bonding with his foster parents! Kiwi’s foster parents described him as a playful, active, and affectionate dog who enjoys belly rubs, chewing on bones, going for car rides, and eating peanut butter!
When Kiwi was introduced to the fosters’ friend’s dog it became clear that he was meant to be in a forever home with another confident canine companion who could teach him that the world is not such a scary place after all. When Kiwi played with the other dog he forgot his fear of new people and environments and soon learned to eat well, go up and down the stairs, and walk on a leash. Kiwi would thrive in a calm, quiet home without young children and an experienced owner. He would also love an adopter who is not gone for long periods of time as he gets a bit anxious when left alone. While this former country dog is still adjusting to life in the big city, he has made great strides and his future is bright. Could Kiwi be the perfect companion for you? Come find out today!
- Going for a car ride? Take me along!
- I love playing with Kong toys
- I love chew toys!
- I get along very well with other dogs
- I’m great on a doggie treadmill
- I’d love to be your running buddy
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- I love to play and wrestle with other doggie friends
- Keep me company! I prefer homebodies who are often at home
- I prefer quiet environments that aren’t crowded
- I’d love to find a home with children 15 and older
- I prefer a slow-paced home environment
All PAWS Chicago dogs and cats are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and have up-to-date on shots based on age and arrival date.