Hero would love to meet you! He would do best in an active home with experienced adult-only adopters. He also would do best with continued training. would love to meet you! Stop by our Pippen Fasseas Adoption Center at 1997 N. Clybourn Ave., in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood.
Hero is a part of PAWS Chicago’s Featured 5 adoption program.
When you adopt a cat or dog who is a part of PAWS Chicago's Featured 5 program, you will receive:
- FREE Merrick Pet Care or PAWS prescribed cat or dog food for one year
- FREE 30-day supply of existing medications
- FREE training consultation with a PAWS Chicago trainer or recommended behaviorist (for dog adoptions only)
Learn more about PAWS Chicago’s Featured 5 program.
More than anything, Hero craves to connect with and please his humans. He came to us from Chicago Animal Care and Control, where he was adopted as a puppy then brought back when his owners became ill and could no longer care for him. As you can imagine, he’s now anxious to find a new home, where he can resume his heroic efforts at heart-bursting love.
Hero is house trained and behaves like a perfect gentleman at home. He loves toys of the Kong, chew, and rope varieties, as well as tennis balls. Turnoffs include strangers, being left alone for extended periods of time, and loud noises. We’re working with him to help with the fearfulness and to grow his confidence. Hero would also love to be the only pet in the home.
If you’re an experienced dog owner who can provide a quiet environment in an adult-only home, and you beam at the thought of unconditional love and adoration from a furry friend, come meet Hero.
- I love playing with Kong toys
- Squeak! Squeak! I love Squeaky chew toys!
- I’ll take as much exercise as I can get!
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- I’m a people person!
- I’m a star pupil at obedience training
- You + a tennis ball = my perfect day
- I need a little extra time to warm up to people I don’t know
- Keep me company! I prefer homebodies who are often at home
- I prefer quiet environments that aren’t crowded
- I’d love to find an adults-only home
All PAWS Chicago dogs and cats are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and have up-to-date on shots based on age and arrival date.