More than anything, Hero craves to connect with and please his humans. He came to us from Chicago Animal Care and Control, where he was adopted as a puppy then brought back when his owners became ill and could no longer care for him. As you can imagine, he’s now anxious to find a new home, where he can resume his heroic efforts at heart-bursting love.
Hero is house trained and behaves like a perfect gentleman at home. He loves toys of the Kong, chew, and rope varieties, as well as tennis balls. Turnoffs include strangers, being left alone for extended periods of time, and loud noises. We’re working with him to help with the fearfulness and to grow his confidence. Hero would also love to be the only pet in the home.
If you’re an experienced dog owner who can provide a quiet environment in an adult-only home, and you beam at the thought of unconditional love and adoration from a furry friend, come meet Hero.
- I love playing with Kong toys
- Squeak! Squeak! I love Squeaky chew toys!
- I’ll take as much exercise as I can get!
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- I’m a people person!
- I’m a star pupil at obedience training
- You + a tennis ball = my perfect day
- I need a little extra time to warm up to people I don’t know
- Keep me company! I prefer homebodies who are often at home
- I prefer quiet environments that aren’t crowded
- I’d love to find an adults-only home