Meet Asiago! If you enjoy being out and about and are looking for an active and adorable sidekick, then look no further! Asiago is the dog for you! This 9-year-old Fox Terrier mix was found as a stray on the streets of Chicago and brought to PAWS in the hopes of finding a human hero who will save the day and give him the home he deserves. Asiago would do best in a home with an owner who is familiar with dogs and a family without young children. He loves going on walks and has great leash manners. Since Asiago arrived at PAWS, he has made a lot of doggy friends and would love to meet your dog as well to see if they can become friends too! Asiago is highly food and treat motivated and if you give him a Beggin’ Strip, you will surely become his new BFF.
He recently spent some time in a foster home where his foster family reported that he loves tennis balls and will chase them any chance he can get. Asiago knows a few commands such as sit, stay, off, down, come, and wait for food. He also enjoyed chewing on Nylabones and would like to have his very own personal supply in his new home! Think this cutie is the perfect dog for you? Come and meet Asiago today!
- Squeak! Squeak! I love Squeaky chew toys!
- I get along with some other dogs
- Cuddles! I love a good lap to curl up on
- Did someone say ‘treat’? I’ll take them all
- I’m a people person!
- Loud noises frighten me so I prefer a quiet home
- I need a little extra time to warm up to people I don’t know
- I’d love to find a home without kids under 15 years of age