Moving Toward No Kill by Helping More Homeless Animals
From our founding, we have been committed to helping small rescues and shelters expand their adoption and lifesaving.
The Lurie Clinic offers registered 501(c)(3) rescue groups special low-cost packages, including spay/neuter and medical services, to prepare animals for adoption.
To be eligible for rescue packages, the rescue organization must contact clinic management to discuss eligibility and pricing and submit a copy of 501(c)(3) designation, before scheduling surgery appointments.
To be cleared for surgery, pets must:
- Weigh at least two pounds
- Be at least eight weeks old
- Pass a checkup with one of our veterinarians
- Upper Respiratory Infections are the most common reason pets are turned away from surgery
- Distemper vaccinations are recommended (but not required) for kittens two weeks prior to surgery
- Have a presurgical blood panel done if over six years of age to ensure there are no health issues and the pet is safe to go under anesthesia
How to Schedule an Appointment
Appointments for rescue groups are always required. Please call (773) 475-9431 to make an appointment.
Schedule for the Day of Surgery
- 7:00 a.m. | Deadline to email the finalized list of patients and additional services requested. Once this list is submitted, it cannot be changed.
- 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. | Rescue group check-in in the front lobby. This process will take approximately one hour. All cats must come in their own carrier. If a group needs additional carriers, cardboard carriers are available for $5 each.
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. | Pick-up time unless told otherwise by clinic staff. This process will last approximately 30 minutes. We do not keep patients overnight.
Rescue Group A La Carte Services
- Cat spay/neuter: $45
- Dog spay/neuter: $125
- Vaccines (Dogs: Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, CIV // Cats: Rabies & Distemper): $20
- Heartworm or FIV/FELV combo test: $20
- Found Microchip: $8
Cat Rescue Package
Rescue Package available to qualified rescue groups and includes spay/neuter surgery, rabies vaccination, distemper vaccination, praziquantal injection & Revolution application for $60. Can add combo test for $20 or microchip for $8. Microchip implantation is free if you provide your own chips the morning of surgery.
Please contact Jenny Rajput, Clinic Director with any questions at email@example.com