Moving Toward No Kill by Helping More Homeless Animals
From our founding, we have been committed to helping small rescues and shelters expand their adoption and lifesaving.
The Lurie Clinic offers registered 501(c)(3) rescue groups special low-cost packages, including spay/neuter and medical services, to prepare animals for adoption.
To be eligible for rescue packages, the rescue organization must submit a completed Rescue Partner Application, including a copy of 501(c)(3) designation, before scheduling surgery appointments.
To be cleared for surgery, pets must:
- Weigh at least two pounds
- Be at least eight weeks old
- Pass a checkup with one of our veterinarians
- Upper Respiratory Infections are the most common reason pets are turned away from surgery
- Distemper vaccinations are recommended (but not required) for kittens two weeks prior to surgery
- Have a presurgical blood panel done if over six years of age to ensure there are no health issues and the pet is safe to go under anesthesia
Scheduling Five Animals or Less
Rescue group surgeries are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Advanced appointments are required. Typically, only one-day advanced notice is required for five or fewer animals. Please call (773) 521-7729 to make an appointment.
Scheduling Six Animals or More
Group appointments are required for six or more cats from a single rescue. Please call (773) 475-9431 to make an appointment.
Schedule for the Day of Surgery
- 7 a.m. | Deadline to email the finalized list of patients and additional services requested. Once this list is submitted, it cannot be changed.
- 9 – 9:30 a.m. | Rescue group check-in in the front lobby. This process will take approximately one hour. All cats must come in their own carrier. If a group needs additional carriers, cardboard carriers are available for $5 each.
- 4:30 – 6 p.m. | Pick-up time. This process will last approximately one hour. We do not keep patients overnight.
Rescue Group Adoption Package
- Domestic cats spay/neuter: $45
- Rabies vaccine: $20
- Distemper vaccine: $20
- FeLV/FIV combo test: $20
- Found Animals Microchips: $8
Community Cat Adoption Package
TNR efforts often lead to trapping friendly cats who belong in a loving home. Our Premium Rescue Groups who bring more than 100 cats to the Lurie Clinic each year can take advantage of this special Community Cat Adoption Package.
- Rescue Groups within the City of Chicago: $60
- Rescue Groups in Illinois but outside Chicago city limits: $60
Includes spay/neuter surgery, Rabies vaccination, FVRCP, deworming injection, Revolution application, and cleaning of all wounds and ears. Microchipping is available and highly recommended for an extra $8.