Emergencies (Outside Business Hours)
- The Emergency Foster Hotline above is to be used only for off-hour emergencies: Before 8 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Leave a message detailing your concern, the animal’s name, your name and a callback number.
- A staff member from PAWS Chicago will return your call within 10 minutes. We need those 10 minutes to familiarize ourselves with the animal’s medical condition and current treatment plan before we can advise you of the best course of action.
- Based on the emergency and the animal’s condition, the PAWS Chicago Foster Team will either advise you to bring the animal in during normal business hours or proceed to any of the following hospitals:
Please do not proceed to any veterinary hospital unless you are authorized to do so. If you go without our consent, you will be responsible for any charges incurred.
- Email us email@example.com the morning after an emergency. We want to know how your foster pet is doing!