Ready for more now that you and your dog have got the basics? Level 2: Intermediate Obedience picks up where our Level 1: Basic Obedience and Manners Class leaves off
After completing a basic obedience class, dogs know the material but generally still have difficulty responding in the presence of distractions.
Classes are limited to eight dogs each. The small class size ensures an environment conducive to learning.
- Number of Classes: 6 weekly classes (Class will meet on the same day/time each week)
- Length of Class: 1 hour
- Class Structure: 1-hour training sessions with your dog
- Age: 5 months and older
- Pre-Requisites: Completion of a Basic Obedience Class or Permission from Instructor - Kristina Finney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Price: $175
Areas of Focus
In Level 2, you’ll learn to systematically add distraction to strengthen your dog’s obedience and manners cues.
The following are required for participation:
- Vaccination records: Copies of your dog’s age-appropriate distemper/parvo, rabies and Bordetella vaccinations must be brought to the first class.
- Two different leashes:
a. A five- or six-foot leash (no retractable or chain leashes).
b. A 15-foot cotton-web training leash.
- Collar/Harness: Martingale collar, buckle collar or training harness.
- Clicker: This training tool marker can be purchased online or at any pet supply store.
- Treat carrier: A bag, pouch, fanny pack, apron with pocket or deep pocket that provides easy access to treats.
- Treats: Lots of small, easy-to-chew, high-value treats. Cut up pieces of cheese or hot dogs are good choices, as are soft treats made specifically for training.
- Water Bowl
- Please be on time.
- Wear comfortable clothing and nonskid shoes. Flip flops, sandals and heels are not recommended.
- Do not feed your puppy before class. A hungry puppy is more motivated to learn.
- Give your puppy time to relieve himself before class.