- To build No Kill communities – starting with a No Kill Chicago – that respect and value the life of every cat and dog.
- To end the overpopulation of homeless animals through solutions, practices and education.
- To transform animal welfare by setting higher standards in the way animals are treated and developing a sustainable, solutions-based model.
- For each and every life.
- Of people and organizations committed to helping homeless pets—volunteers, employees, donors, adopters, fosters, clinic clients, corporations, small businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies.
- To constantly improve best practices and search out new ideas and strategies to save more lives.
- To be a Learning Center that evolves and grows.
- To solve difficult problems and to be prepared to offer emergency and crisis support.
- That informs the public about the fate of homeless animals.
- That allows the public access to truthful statistics about the likelihood of pets surviving private and public shelters.
- That raises awareness about the realities that homeless animals face in the community and across the nation, providing a forum for people to get involved in effecting change.
- That promotes and supports responsible pet ownership.
- Through financial management practices that maximize the impact and reach of our resources and ensure PAWS Chicago will always be a resource for homeless animals.
- Toward all people and animals.